Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bombing Waratah Park in Sutherland - February 2011

Sunday week ago my Dad and I went to Waratah Park in Sutherland to do some more downhill. The GS (Giant Slalom) boys were testing the track and had a post on the ASRA events page which caught our interest. There were about twenty people there including a local crew from Cronulla. I ended up spending every opportunity racing Darcy downhill which was really good. I had the Norfin Manta, but Robbo brought the Fibretec concept board which I got to try and I absolutely love it. We got to do so many runs down the hill which was just heaven. It was a really windy day but having a tailwind was all the better for downhill. Thanks to Robbo, Lea, Bugs, Ross, Mountain Mick, Fitzy, James and Marek for the day. Darcy and the crew from Cronulla - respect. You guys were smoking the downhill train. I hope to see you all again real soon in the wonderful world of Downhill Skateboarding.

As far as Darcy eating my dust, just kidding. It was a lot of fun. I am in awe of the slalom boys who were shredding what we were bombing. Ross, Bugs and Mountain Mick were on fire.


Darcy, eat my dust

Darcy and I racing downhill


I was loving the Fibretec - see the close up

Darcy - eating my dust again

No comments:

Post a Comment