Friday, February 25, 2011

Cam's School of Speed 26/2/11

Today my Dad, sister and I headed off at 7:00 o'clock to go to the Pump Station in the Blue Mountains for Cam's School of Speed.
It took us 2 hours to get there by car but trust me the drive was worth it. Cam started of with a couple of words then onto Safety, then the day truly began.
There were about 25 people who attended the Speed School and they were all having a ball 'Bombing the Hill' like no tomorrow. People were doing tight tucks and fast runs all day until we had our first stack, the guy was about my age and got a few cuts and a bit of blood but Cam said he was lucky to walk away with just that. He said that the guy could have been in a lot more trouble if he had serious downhill wheels on.
Cam gave me lots of great advice during the day; 1 on 1;  and I was so happy and thankful for that because I knew with all my heart that I wouldn't stack but 'Dead Mans Curve' may have had other plans.
Later in the day we had our 2nd stack, and you wouldn't believe it, but again like at the MOTH, it was my dad. That corner hates my Dad. He walked away with a lot more than just cuts he was bleeding and had grazes covered in dirt and blood. Like Cool Runnings, he is one of the strong people who must always finish the race.
We started to pack up at 2:00 o'clock and thanked Cam and all went to McDonalds to get a refreshing slushy then went home.


Every day skating is the best day ever.


Cam and the girls at Speed School



Cam giving me wise words

Brittany and I bombing Pump Station


Cam told us that if we were stoked then we should put on
our Stoked face. I suspect that this is Cam's STOKED FACE.


No comments:

Post a Comment